Friday evenings July 10, 17, 24 6-8:30pm
* This class is open to all women, transfolks, genderqueer folk, femmes, and other people who've had gender bias, homophobia, or transphobia keep them away from the wrenches!
*Class will be hands-on, so bring a bike and get ready to get greasy. Over the 3 weeks, it will cover what is included in a basic shop tune-up: installing and removing tubes and tires (i.e. fixing a flat), installing brake and shift cables, adjusting brakes and gears, chain maintenance, truing wheels, etc.
* No previous knowledge about bikes is required or expected. But a willingness to learn and have fun is a must!
* It will be limited to 10 people, and will be held at the Bike Kitchen, which has recently moved to 650H Florida St.
* The fee for this class is on a sliding scale, $40-90 for current Bike Kitchen members, or $80-130 for non Bike Kitchen members; non-members receive a 1 year membership with class registration.
* Refund Policy: due to limited resources, no refunds, or re-scheduling can be offered. If you are unable to attend a paid class, your new membership is still valid and you are welcome to visit us during regular shop hours and speak to our staff mechanics